LINKS FOR TECHNOLOGY
FREE ONLINE STORAGE WITH FREE FILE SHARING
EASY, FREE FILE-SENDING WITHOUT FREE STORAGE
PDF (Portable Document Format)
- Zamzar - free online conversions of images and many kinds of audio and video files, very easy but wait until your upload is completed before closing browser, then go look in email to receive link
- Any Video Converter - free, fast, can extract audio from a video file, can trim video files, can merge multiple videos
- Clip Converter - free, web-based, rarely ads, can download videos from various websites
- Clip.Dj - fast and simple for download or conversion of YouTube videos, simply enter video URL in search line at top (ignore ads telling you to download a program to your computer)
- You Convert It - allows you to instantly convert virtually any type of file from one format to another, no ads, sign up for free 100 MB files expire in 10 days or not sign up for free 60 MB files expiring in 3 days.
FREE MUSIC (use .wav format for Windows Movie Maker)
FREE SOUND EFFECTS (use .wav format for Windows Movie Maker)
WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER - easy way to make videos
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY - VARIOUS EDITING TOOLS
- Fotoflexer - one of the most advanced online digital photo editors with a simple user interface yet more power. Many advanced effects, including animated graphics and glitter text.
- Photobucket.com - free online editor, easy upload from mobile devices, can embed your photos on other web pages, many effects like fisheye lens, underwater, tilt shift, bokeh effect.
- Photoshop.com – free editor called Express Editor, all kinds of special effects like soft focus, sketch filter, pop color, distortion effect, etc. You can dodge and burn, crystallize and pixelate
- Picasa 3.9 - download great organizer for free editing & easy sharing at picasa.google.com which provides 1 GB of free storage, but if you put tags on the photos, they may show up listed for public viewing in Google Images.
- Pixlr Editor - free online photo editor with no cost or registration, offering a professional touch for fixing, adjusting, and filtering your images, similar to Adobe Photoshop. Powerful, letting you quickly apply filters, create collages or digital drawings. Has a gradient tool and will let you create backgrounds for lots of projects.
- Pixlr Express - for quick fixes with tons of adjustments, effects, overlays, borders
- Zoner Photo Studio - a free program downloaded to your computer that allows you to edit and organize your picture collection. See the photos on this webpage.
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY - MORE SPECIAL EFFECTS
- Fotomorph – make video morphing one face into another - free download at tucows
- Funnywow - quick and easy effects, just upload photo, resize image, and save. It puts your image onto other images, like on a $100 bill, in a book a child is looking at, on the digital billboards at a mall or a football game, as a pencil drawing, or as painting on the wall or street
- Glitterboo - with free version, you can upload images to add magical effects & sparkling animations
- Moonjee – do virtual makeover, morph a face, add face art, or blend two portraits
- Photoscape - free download, edit, create slideshow, paint brush, effect brush, clone stamp, splinter, screen capture, face search, animated gifs, mosaics, filters, cropping in shapes, combining photos, cartoon overlays. Don’t click on the download ads; find “free download” tab instead.
- PicMonkey - free picture editor, no ads or registration, make images more fun with many online effects that you place on your images, like lighting, focus, and lens effects. Many find the makeup feature most interesting.
- Pixlr Editor - selective coloring
- Pixlr Express - quick fixes with tons of adjustments, effects, overlays, borders
- Pixlr-o-matic - easy special effects that are both fun and very simple
- Tilt-Shift Lens – free special effect for blurring & miniaturizing (see gallery for examples)
- Tuxpi - free online photo editor whose tool kit has 58 photo editing tools. Besides basic changes, you can add text, change colors, & create montages. Two of my favorites are creating your own motivational posters and using your photo to make a “Breaking News” image like used for TV newscasts.
REVIEWS FOR TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT