STANDARD 4 - STUDENTS WILL DETERMINE AREA OF POLYGONS AND SURFACE AREA AND VOLUME OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL SHAPES.
Standard 4, Objective 1 - Determine the area of polygons and apply to real-world problems.
Standard 4, Objective 2 - Recognize, describe, and determine surface area and volume of three-dimensional shapes.
STANDARD 5 - STUDENTS WILL CONSTRUCT, ANALYZE, AND CONSTRUCT REASONABLE CONCLUSIONS FROM DATA AND APPLY BASIC CONCEPTS OF PROBABILITY.
Standard 5, Objective 1 - Formulate and answer questions using statistical methods to compare data, and propose and justify inferences based on data.
- Area Graph – Create a Graph Interactive at kidszone
- Bar & Line Graphs, Pie Charts, & Scatter Plots – Great Tutorials at Carolyn’s Unit
- Bar Chart – Plug in Your Own Data Interactive at sadlier-oxford (needs plugin)
- Bar Graph - Interactive at Shodor (needs Java)
- Bar Graph Maker - Interactive at Ambleweb
- Circle Graph Construction – Tutorial at syr
- Circle Graph - Interactive at Shodor (needs Java)
- Circle Graphs - Interactive at Harcourt
- Circle Graphs – Tutorial at syr
- Create a Graph - Interactive at KidZone – Bar, Line, Pie Chart
- Data Analysis & Probability - Manipulatives at USU
- Data Analysis - Presentation at Harcourt
- Double Bar Graph Activity - Interactive at Harcourt
- Double Bar Graph - Interactive at Shodor (needs Java)
- Great Graphs - Interactive at Harcourt
- Let’s Graph – Horizontal & Vertical Graphs Interactive at rice
- Line Graph Interactive
- Maze - Interactive at Shodor (needs Java)
- Pie Chart - Interactive at Shodor (needs Java)
- Pie Charts – Piece of Cake Tutorial at ucsb
- Read a Table - Presentation at Harcourt
- Theme Park Favorites - Interactive at Harcourt
- MEAN, MEDIAN, MODE, AND RANGE
- Backpack Challenge – Interactive at PBS Kids
- Data Collection - Hand Squeeze Experiment at rice
- Define “Poll” at Fact Monster
- Define “Survey” at Fact Monster
- Descriptive Statistics – Tutorial at ThinkQuest
- Finding Median & Mode – Interactive at Harcourt
- Flu Survey Results Data Chart at PBS Kids
- Landmark Shark - Range, Median, Mode Interactive at emgames
- Median - Interactive Practice at AAAmath
- Mode, Mean, Median – Interactive at bbc
- Mode – Tutorial at MathGoodies
- Rags to Riches Interactive at Quia for Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- Stem & Leaf Plotter - Interactive at Shodor (need Java)
- ThinkQuest Tutorial on Range, Mean, Median, & Mode
Standard 5, Objective 2 - Apply basic concepts of probability.